Analytics and Assessment
Exploratory – not confirmatory – analytics are my core competency. If you would like to know more than just how you “measure up” against a competitor I’ll shed light on what is missing in the reasoning and long-term strategy.
What I offer
- Stakeholder mapping and power play check – developing contextual sensitivity with respect to gender, market access and business development
- Analytics and evidence check: Review of existing RCTs and health economic studies in order to evaluate potential pathways and gaps
- Creating value stories backed by compelling evidence that can be tweaked according to country-specific requirements
- Role change in specific (or own) markets
- Facts and figures evaluation – deciphering the small data behind the balance sheet
- Emotions of organizations – understanding people and their resulting behavior
Strategy and Development
Understanding country philosophies provides a foundation for understanding successful elements within the system. One country’s system can’t be imported and imposed on another and “culture eats strategy for lunch every day.” Change has to be aligned with ideology.
What I offer
- Healthcare systems and organizations – disentangling the value chain
- International healthcare domain expertise – understanding differences and their opportunities
- Designing and negotiating product bundles and service packages among players, for example carve-outs for better reimbursement of devices, drugs and procedures
- Value proposition (USP) design in various countries – adjusting roles and messages
- Performance management in the age of social media – helping organizations understand the people they live with
- Senior executives consulting – strategize for inspiration and/or for purpose
Educational entertainment and executive development
Knowledge sticks better when the process of learning is enjoyable. Most teachers want to be taken seriously and sacrifice their pedagogic entertainment talent for that purpose. I take a particular effort to package rigorous content in an entertaining way, so that even a talk on finance is fun.
What I offer
- Well-prepared and highly interactive sessions – no slides, but a detailed storyboard
- Leading Knowledge Parties© and mini-forums on strategy and implementation
- Tailor-made executive education for multinational companies (general management education, market specific and/or tailored to strategic implementation)
- Following the Latin adage “Mens sana in corpore sano” (a sound mind in a sound body)” that physical exercise is an important or essential part of mental and psychological well-being, education can be combined with yoga or gymnastics.
Speaking and Moderation
We speak different languages – professions, nations, genders – but have to find a common ground for communication. Saying complex matters in easy terms to get people on the same page becomes increasingly relevant to foster understanding.
What I offer
- Creative improvisation in my area of domain expertise
- German, English and French moderation
- Representing/wearing different heads of countries or organizations, also the one of the “advocatus diabolo”
- KISS – keep it short and simple for executives and lay audiences alike
- Connecting global minds in forums – chaired and organized six international forums for the Center for Healthcare Management
- Leading and organizing the Center’s 6th Forum
Working with Katharina feels like you are running a well-prepared marathon – you are challenged by her profound knowledge and energetic style of motivation throughout the course and full of joy and inspiration to tackle the next endeavor once you have crossed the goal line. I am looking forward to the next one.
Dr. Axel Nordberg
Zimmer Biomet, Associate Director Services and Solutions EMEA
Dr. Janus’ expertise has been covered widely by Bloomberg TV, the German Medical News, the Handelsblatt, the Swiss medical Tribune, the business economist and on several radio stations. Read more about how and why she pursues new directions in healthcare management: https://www.mailman.columbia.edu/public-health-now/news/new-directions-healthcare-management